Saturday, March 29, 2008

McCainomics II

My friend George M responded to my thoughts as follows:

Primo. Deutschebank is two words, Deutsche Bank. [Fixed! Quelle idiot!]

Secundo. McCain is a total economic illiterate. He simply does not know what he is talking about. What he said has nothing to do with the current crisis and is beneath inanity.

Terzio. Banks can operate with the illusion of capital, as you well know from your own experiences. Citibank has been technically bust at least two times in my lifetime. Trump went bust but was kept alive by the banks and eventually got out of it.

What a bank needs, or an institution that funds itself in the money market, is credit. Remember, it comes from credere, to believe. If the market doesn’t believe you are trustworthy, you aren’t.


As I was saying....

Frankly, the only reason I wrote this at all was because I have been attempting all week to decipher McCain's remarks, not a total waste of time on the off-chance that he could be our next President (Aieee!). Despite my best efforts, and a certain element of charity, they remain hermetically sealed.

No comments: